[ Back to Products Page ]
[ Features |
Specification Sheet ]
XES to PCL TRANSLATION
The X/TRA II is the next generation of AGILE's popular product. The X/TRA II accepts data streams containing Xerox Escape Sequence (XES/UDK) and converts them to print with virtually any PCL5 printer. XES documents and applications can now use any of the popular PCL printers.
The emulated printer is a Xerox 4213 Model II, although many additional XES commands are supported that are used by other Xerox XES printers. XES emulation switching commands are used to ensure that PostScript, PCL and other non-XES data is passed through without translation.
The X/TRA II attaches directly to the parallel (Centronics) port on the printer and may be teamed with a protocol converter, such as AGILE's 6287 ALLY PLUS or other connectivity product. The X/TRA II connects to the host via a standard Centronics printer cable.
Throughput for documents of above average complexity is rated at more than 30 pages per minute at 100% print density.
Configuration of the X/TRA II is performed with a menu driven PC/MS DOS program (XTRAEDIT). Nonvolatile storage preserves configuration options and downloadable objects even when the power is disconnected from the unit.
- Any system that delivers ASCII XES data streams via a standard Centronics parallel port
- XEROX 4213
- PostScript and PCL data are passed through without translation
Resource Storage Space
- Titan10iso, Titan12iso, XCPI14iso
- Supports both portrait and landscape modes for fonts stored or downloaded in only one orientation
- Automatic XES font conversion
- XES fonts can be downloaded to the printer or stored permanently in X/TRA+
- XTRAEDIT (PC/MS-DOS menu-driven configuration program included with X/TRA II)
- XEROX Data Monitor Mode emulation
- XEROX configuration sheet emulation
- Other diagnostic modes
PCL Conversion Methods
- Page Shrink
- 0.7'' (h) x 4.4'' (w) x 2.7'' (l)
- 5 VDC at 300 milliamps provided by a 117/250 VAC adapter
- Toll-free technical support: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific time
- One year product warranty
- Extended and express warranty programs
Copyright 1996-2010 AGILE. All rights reserved.